1.01.2008

I am glad Santa knows the true meaning of Christmas




There is a neighborhood in my city that goes all out for Christmas. Most of the residents really get into things with elaborate lighting and props.

Me, I love that neighborhood.

But man would I hate to live there from Thanksgiving until New Year's.

It is a constant stream of traffic in and out of there once the sun goes down and the lights come on.

The manfriend and I went down there a few days after Christmas to get a look at the lights.

As usual, it was quite pretty.

As usual, there was a ton of traffic.

What really got me were the idiots driving with no lights on.

I get that they want the full effect. But there also are a lot of people walking around and running across the streets.

Anyway, I digress.

I took pictures of a couple of my favorite houses.

I also really loved the giant sign that reads "Jesus is the reason for the season."

It shows Baby Jesus in the manger with Santa looking over him.

That just does not seem right to me.

3 comments:

Marisa said...

Yeah, that's pretty weird.

Rachel Schell said...

my next door neighbors do one of the biggest shows in our city for Christmas. the noise and lights aren't too bad, but the traffic backs up for BLOCKS! even that doesn't bother me too much, but when people start to yell at each other and honk all the way down the block it makes me wonder what happened to Christmas spirit.

Wordnerdy said...

Santa and JC? Yeah, it seems misplaced, but I'm used to it now. The folks in my hometown love to do that sort of thing.

Happy (belated) Christmas and Merry (belated) New Year!