5.31.2008

Round Robin: Tiny Things

It's time for another Round Robin Photo Challenge.
The challenge this time:

The idea here is to photograph very small inanimate objects
- not details and closeups of larger things, but self-contained
little items we see and take for granted.
It should be interesting to take the expertise some Robins
have with tiny critters, and apply it to objects that can't fly away.
And the rest of us have the photographic challenge of
learning to focus on the miniature world.

Click on the Round Robin link above to get
to the linking list of participants.
Here we go. Let's get tiny...
Tiny beads.
I have a little box, broken down into segments,
that contains all sorts of tiny beads.
I have used them for jewelry and for the cards I make.




Tiny pins.
This goes to the part of the tiny things we take for granted.
Such a simple, perfect design, the safety pin.



Small change.
I was going to call this tiny change,
but it just did not sound right.
Anyway, at the end of the day I take any change
that is floating around in my pocket
and put it in a little bowl on the dresser.
When I need to restock the parking meter change
I keep in the car, I just grab a handful from here.


Tiny elephants.

I have several elephants of varying materials and sizes.
These are the tiniest.
The one in front is only about an inch and a half tall.

And I love the detail on this one, which was a gift from
my friends who visited Spain and were thoughtful
enough to bring this back for me.

Tiny bubbles.

Really, need I say more?

15 comments:

MyMaracas said...

You have a wonderful eye for photography! I love the bead shots especially. Very nice!

Sandcastle Momma said...

Your photos are great! I love the tiny elephants. The detail on the green one is incredible. I got a kick out of the small change as well. Beads that small must be really hard to work with and they photograph beautifully. Great job!

Robinella said...

Love the beads and safety pins. Elephants are supposed bring good luck, I think. Very pretty.

Carly said...

LOL

You won't believe this, but I have had Don Ho's song "Tiny Bibbles" in my head every day of the last two weeks. LOL. I had been avoiding saying that outloud... but now... it is firmly in my brain and threatening to become an obsession. Tee Hee. Lovely shot of the bubbles sweetie. Really nice. What are the elephants made of? It looks a little like Cloisene. Which I think I misspelled. LOL. Great entry!

Carly

Atypical California Girl said...

Maracas: Thanks. I was trying to think of things I have around the house that would work for this.
And to get away from the flowers/nature stuff that I seem to do a lot.
Not there there is anything wrong with that.
Anyway, I saw the beads. I do like how they came out.

Sandcastle: I just left the beads in the box I keep them in and got up close and personal, using the macro setting.

Robinella: Thanks. I like to think my elepahnts are lucky. At the very least they are a conversation piece.

Carly: The first thing that popped into my head, no pun intended, after reading "tiny" on here was "bubbles!"
Luckily I just happened to have a bottle of bubbly. Which I didn't start drinking until AFTER I took all my pictures!

Atypical California Girl said...

Oh and yes, the green elephant is cloisonne. Which is fun to say, too. Cloy-za-nay.

Suzanne R said...

That last picture also sent "tiny bubbles, in the wine, make me happy, make me feel fine" running through my head. LOL! The shots are great -- the elephants remind me of the cat figure that I posted today, with their beauty and ornateness.

Karen Funk Blocher said...

Oh, cool! I like the bead shots, especially the one with the extra-tiny beads. But my favorite tiny thing by far is the green elephant. Wonderful!

maryt/theteach said...

California girl, great tiny things, especially the bubbles... no, no don't sing the song!! The elephants are beautiful! My parking meters take only quarters, no pennies! :D

Kiva said...

Wow, lovely photos, great narrative and interesting typography. What more can I say?

Steven said...

The beads are amazing as are the pins. Nice style, great tiny things!

Monica said...

You really have some wonderful photographs here. I loved several - the elephant, the colors and details of the beads, the bubbles. Again wonderfully done!

Monica

Gattina said...

Sometimes such simple things make great photos ! I love the little elephant it's so cute !

Marisa said...

I love these - the first bowl of buttons made me think of blueberries.

Angela said...

Beautiful photos!