3.18.2008

A face for radio

Do I have an accent?

As a native Californian, I think I do not.

And no, I do not sound like a Valley girl.

Apparently, according to yet another useless but fun Internet quiz, I sound like I am from the Midland.

Wherever the fuck that is.

Good thing to know I have a voice suited to TV. Too bad I have a face suited to radio.

Ha. Just kidding. Just a little joke at my own expense. My face is OK for TV, it is my big fat ass they would find problematic.

What American accent do you have?
Your Result: The Midland

"You have a Midland accent" is just another way of saying "you don't have an accent." You probably are from the Midland (Pennsylvania, southern Ohio, southern Indiana, southern Illinois, and Missouri) but then for all we know you could be from Florida or Charleston or one of those big southern cities like Atlanta or Dallas. You have a good voice for TV and radio.

The West
North Central
The South
Boston
The Inland North
Philadelphia
The Northeast
What American accent do you have?
Quiz Created on GoToQuiz

4 comments:

Marisa said...

I was living in Washington state and vacationing in Downtown Disney (Anaheim, CA) when I was told I sounded CANADIAN. I told the guy he sounded like a kiss-ass.

Atypical California Girl said...

I have had people ask me about being Canadian, too.
Maybe I need to say abowt instead of aboot.
Eh?

Anonymous said...

I'm working on faking a very subtle Canadian accent for everyday use. Just to fuck with people for no good reason.

Angela said...

I think you're beautiful, by the way. So I'll start there. ;) As a Redwood Coast girl, I always laughed when people told me that I sounded like I was from the mid-west. A few years ago I was also told I had a cute "Oregon accent." Oregon? Don't I sound like the people on TV? ;) And I was on the radio for a couple of years -- loved it and the assumption that I would have that "face made for radio." I think you could be on TV any day you chose.