4.18.2008

Round Robin Photo Challenge: Variety Show

It's Round Robin time again!

The assignment is:
Varieties.

Photograph something as viewed as an assortment...
something that comes in different varieties.

For example, it could be a bunch of flowers
or nuts or crayons or birds.

So here we go...
Cookbooks.
I know I have a lot of cookbooks.
This is just a small sample of the
variety of cookbooks I have.


Buttons.
A while back I bought a box of mixed buttons.
Then I added to it the buttons that came with new sweaters.
I added in buttons that I took off of shirts I turned into rags.
Some buttons I bought just because they might
be cute on cards I make got tossed into the mix.
Oh, and there is the snowman button.
I am not exactly sure where he came from.
But I dig him.



Markers.
I used them for the cards I make.
Just markers.
I jerked the camera accidentally
just as the shutter clicked.
I like the effect.



Watercolor pencils.
I also use these for my cards.
When I feel like experimenting.
They are a little more work than I like for the cards.



Shells.
About 15 years ago I went on a trip to Tahiti and Hawaii.
These are random bits I picked up on the
shores of places including Bora Bora, Moorea, Oahu and Kauai.
My favorite is the one with the tiniest little rocks stuck in it.
You cannot tell from these images,
But most of the shells are the size of a fingertip.



Beers.
This is a picture I took on my recent trip to Denver.
The walls of Falling Rock Tap House
were lined in beer bottles.
Yeah, that was a pretty good night.


Linking list:
Nancy - POSTED!
Nancy Luvs Pics
Karen
Outpost Mâvarin
Carly - POSTED!
Ellipsis
Sandy
Myanderings
Sarah
Charish
Chrissie
Chrisseas-corner
Kiva
Eclectic Granny
Kat
In My Dreams I Can Fly.....
TJ
Tj's Photo Expressions
Jennifer Robin
Wammy
The Ellis Family Cincinnati
Lisa Marie
Lisa's Chaos
Monica
Family Affair Photography
Marie
Photographs & Memories
Annie
Pictures of Craziness
Suzanne R
Living . . . Suzanne R's Life
Robinella
Robinella's
Angela
Chocolate Syrup for the Soul
Janet
fondofphotography
Jan
The Prytz Family
Martha
Perception
Jama Hameed
Sweet Memories
Momma - POSTED!
Sandcastle Momma
Swampy - POSTED!
Anecdotes, Antidotes, & Anodes
Sahvvy
The Instantaneous Existence of Me
Gattina
Keyhole Pictures
Kim
Nekked Lizard Lady
Vicki
Visions by Vicki
Teena - POSTED!
It's all about me!

18 comments:

TJ said...

I am so impressed! Very creative.
Loooovvvve It!
TJ
http://tjphotoexpressions.blogspot.com/

charish said...

I love the beer picture. Very fun.

Robinella said...

WOW! They are all great. Don't you love it when "accidents" occur while photographing. I think that my fav is the colored pencils.

Rachel Schell said...

those are all so much fun! :)

Gattina said...

Beautiful pictures especially the crayons !

Carly said...

Hi Jill :)

I love the way you displayed the colored pencils. really imaginative and artsy. I wouldn't mind a poster of that in my office. All your pics are great, and I have to tell you, I was really hoping someone would post a variety of buttons. I always enjoy seeing how many different ones there are. :)

Always, Carly

Sandcastle Momma said...

What a great variety! I love the way the mistake turned out. And the buttons - I just love buttons!
Great pictures!

Karen Funk Blocher said...

Okay, now this is a jaw-droppingly great entry. The Better Homes & Gardens New Cook Book is the one I grew up with, and makes me feel all nostalgic now. So do the buttons, actually; my mom had a button jar. The marker shot is so cool with the streaks of color, and the angles of the pencils add a lot of interest. Kudos for getting the focus right on the great collection of tiny shells. I even like the glow if the beer. Very well done indeed!

MariesImages said...

Great colorful shots of varieties!
Love the angles on them too.
Marie

Suzanne R said...

The buttons remind me of my mom's, when I was a girl. She had a container full of them (she also removed them from old shirts and other clothes) and I loved to run my hands through them. All of the pictures are so pleasing to the eye -- the colors and the subjects are super! Great entry!

Teena in Toronto said...

Wow! Lots of variety! I like the colourful ones! Oh, and the beer!

Mine's up too :)

Kiva said...

Such a variety of varieties. I love your "oops" shot. Isn't it fun to make a mistake and it turns out smashing?

Nancy said...

Wowsie!! This is a great entry. The photos are really wonderful and creative as well.

Nancy

http://journals.aol.com/nhd106/Nancyluvspix/entries/2008/04/18/variety/2206

MyMaracas said...

What beautiful photos! I love the accidental blur effect. What a lucky moment!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful variety show here and beautiful photography! Can you pass me a beer please? :-)

Jan AKA Wammy said...

The shells are beautiful!

Angela said...

Gorgeous! You have a career waiting for you in photography if you want one.

Monica said...

What great photos! I'm not sure which is my favorite ... the markers where you jerked accidently is cool, the beer bottles lining the wall looks fun, the assortment of cookbooks. You were very creative and obviously had fun with this challenge.

Sorry I didn't get by sooner, I was away on vacation with limited computer time.

Monica