9.21.2007

I'm only happy when it rains

OK. That is not true.
But it is raining here right now, and I am loving it.
We haven't had a good rain in ages.
I can hear it falling on the patio and drumming against the metal cover to the water heater.
I turned the music down and opened the window so I could listen to it.
It is a warm night and the rain is falling.
I skipped a date with the dude tonight to come home and do some chores.
Two nights in a row without a date. It's kind of nice.
Since he has been off work we have been together a lot. Which I do enjoy.
But when he asked me if I had plans tonight, my only thought was "I just want some time to myself tonight."
So I told him of the many chores I have at home, which was all true.
Then I came home and ate leftovers and puttered around the house.
I did accomplish one of my chores, but the rest of the evening has been blissfully wasted.
Or maybe not.
Is listening to the rain a waste of time?
You know, I don't think so.

4 comments:

Marisa said...

I love it when it rains, too. Here in KW when it rains it makes me very homesick for the NW and sweaters.

Jim Thomsen said...

I prefer rain to dates, honestly.

Sometimes in life, you just want to turn out the lights, light up the candles and blissedly, blessedly shut the fuck up.

Connie Goto said...

It's raining up here too (Petaluma), I've missed the rain. I had no idea I would miss the rain.

Atypical California Girl said...

I am sitting at my desk in the office looking out at the sky. It is awesome.
It is all big, dark, scary clouds.
The only bad thing is that I have to get on the freeway soon and people here can be insane when it comes to driving in rain.